Call Us: 888.741.1413
Good morning. It is Thursday, May 22, and I am Colin Receveur. Today and tomorrow I’m going to tell you why your placement on Google search results pages are the most important part of your web marketing — and why they don’t matter one bit. Stay tuned
– I talked earlier this month in a podcast about search engine optimization and how important it is to dominate a Google search results page, which we’ll call SERPs for search engine results pages, to bring in more and better customers.
– Just as a reminder, Google dominates the search engine market, virtually everyone starts their search for information with a search engine, and almost no one goes past the first SERP to find what they are looking for.
– So let’s say you have a great SEO program in place. How do you know you are dominating SERPs and what do you do if you are?
– Today, I am going to give you the first of 3 facts about your Google rankings.
1. What you see is probably not what others see.
– I’ll never forget that I had a potential client tell me that he had Googled some of my clients and wasn’t that impressed with their search engine results.
– What he didn’t understand is that Google tailors its SERPs based on your previous searches, what you’ve clicked on, your location and then other factors based on its algorithms.
– So when he searched a few dental keywords, it was no wonder our clients didn’t come up — he was hundreds of miles away from the closest one!
– Google would have been doing him a disservice to bring up a dentist so far away.
– So if you search the keywords you really want to dominate, you probably WON’T see the same thing a potential patient sees.
– To get a more objective view, follow these steps:
– Log out of every account (Google, all social media, WordPress, everything)
– Clear your cache
– Open Google Chrome and use “incognito mode”
– Now open Google and search for your top keywords, especially long-tail keywords like “Memphis all on four dental implants” or “Indianapolis dentists what do I do about missing teeth.”
– Now where do you come out?
– Now that we’ve covered the basics of how to see where you really rank, we can cover what to do with that information tomorrow.
– I also write a lot about SEO, keywords and SERPs in my new book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years” and our Patient Attraction Newsletter. The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.99 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– If you want to learn a lot more on this topic and many others, reading it will be worth your time.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.