How To Improve SEO?
At some point in a bloggers life cycle,this question pops up a lot. There are lots of reasons why webmasters want to have a better SEO, this includes:
Increased Page views in search engines
To earn better in PPC programmes
To get committed clients est.
So What Is SEO?
Search Engine optimization(SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s unpaid results – often referred to as “natural”, “organic” or “earned” results. The earlier and more frequently a site appears on search page, the more visitors it gets.
Now that you know what SEO is, let’s dive into the the techniques of improving it.
– If Google or any other search engine discovers a lag or slow speed in your website, your SEO is likely to drop. Read up my tutorial on how to improve website speed to give your web site an incredible speed
Build Index Worthy Content
– This is very important. The contents of your webpage should be fairly large and meaningful and updated frequently. Don’t create a post of less than 50 words and expect to be indexed by search engines. Your posts should also flaunt an originality of it’s own. Trust me, you won’t do so well if you copy he whole post on another website and paste it in yours. Google spider will penalize you.
– To increase your chances of appearing on the first page of Google and other search engines, you need to have an “SEO friendly URL”. An SEO FRIENDLY URL looks like this:
An unfriendly URL looks like this:
The URL to every page or post on your website should explain its content or give a clue of what it contains e.g- w3tutor.org/courses gives an idea that you are about to view an archive of courses. Search engines love such URLs and will reward you with a nice rank.
You can setup an SEO friendly link in your settings- permalinks. All CMS allows you to enable this feature. Set it to postname structure.
Content structure and links
– This one is a bit long. This concept was gotten from my knowledge of Google’s bot way of working. For simplicity sake, I’ll use this post as a case study. The title of this post is:
“How To Improve Your website Seo”
the link is also:
The first sentence is:
“How To Improve Your Website Seo”
And it’s heading is bold. The featured image of this post is
“How To Improve Your Seo”.jpg
with an alt tag:
“How To Improve Your Seo” .
The metadata of this post is:
“How To Improve Your Seo”
And this post is now saturated with:
“How To Improve Your Seo”.
This gives this post an A in SEO.
– A sitemap collects all your sites URLs and tells search engines exactly how to index your webpage. visit xml sitemap website for more on this. I recommend xml sitemaps . Read the importance of sitemaps here.
NOW YOU KNOW HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SEO. YOU ARE GOOD TO GO!
For WordPress users-
These tools below will help your SEO (basically they remind you to do what I just thought you and helps you do them)
WordPress SEO by Yoast
– This plugin is great! I use it in this website. It has an XMl Sitemap service and every other SEO tool you will ever need. Download it from the “ADD NEW” panel in your plugins dashboard.
– This is strictly a sitemap provider.
My advice – Install WordPress SEO by Yoast and use it together with Google XML sitemap. Don’t use Yoast for sitemaps
UPDATE– It may take some time before Google starts indexing your posts, but if you have quality posts once they start they’ll never stop, as long as you keep these rules
I’ll keep Adding More Tricks, Make sure you bookmark this post.
The post is here https://w3tutor.org/blog