► What is local SEO?
Local SEO refers to the process of ‘optimizing’ your online presence to attract more business from relevant local searches.
► How does local SEO work?
Local SEO helps businesses promote their products and services to local prospects and customers. To gather information for local search, search engines rely on signals such as local content, social profile pages, links, and citations to provide the most relevant local results to the user.
► How To Rank in Google Local 3-Packs
1. On-page optimization
2. Optimize your Google My Business
3. Claim other Social Media Profiles
4. Confirm NAP consistency
5. Get more reviews for your business
6. Create local content focused on local keywords
► Local keyword research isn’t overly complicated.
Let’s say that you’re attempting to sell your service of website design in Toronto — how do you think people will search for your services?
They’ll probably go to Google and type something like:
1. “Website developer in Toronto”
2. “Best web developer in Toronto”
3. “Affordable website designer in Toronto”
4. “Who is the best website design company in Toronto”
► How do I create a local keyword list? Let’s walk through my steps:
1. I use my brain aka dome
2. Google auto complete
3. Reverse Engineer my Competitors
4. Keyword Magic Tool
► Are you doing local SEO for a business based in a small town?
So here’s a quick trick… You do not need to live in the city you are targeting and can focus on multiple locations at once.
1. Swap out your location modifier (for example) “Burlington” for a larger, nearby city “Toronto”
2. Want to see how your competitors are doing it? Site://
3. Show my examples: North Pole SEO, NYC SEO, etc…
► Multiple locations and targeting many locations?
No problem at all!
1. Each physical location should have their own GMB, Social Media Accounts, Submit to local directories.
2. No physical location? You simply want to take over the world. Create content about those locations. My Top 10 Local SEO strategies:
1. Claiming and optimizing profiles on Google My Business, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter…
2. Manually submitting your website to Local Directories
3. Joining local Business Associations and Groups
4. Getting Reviews on local review sites like Google and Yelp
5. Targeting relevant and local keywords
6. Creating location-specific website copy, website pages, H1, H2 and URL’s
7. Adding name, address, and phone number (NAP) information on your site, social media and local directories
8. Embedding a Map with your location on your website
9. Getting Backlinks from reputable, local websites
10. Including External links to reputable, local websites and businesses
OUR DISCORD COMMUNITY↓
➤ Discord: https://discord.com/invite/sUXc485
MY TRAVEL YOUTUBE CHANNEL
► Chris Must List: https://www.youtube.com/chrismustlist
GIVE ME A FOLLOW! ↓
➤ Instagram: @chrismustlist | https://www.instagram.com/chrismustlist/
➤ Instagram: @anerdsworld | https://www.instagram.com/anerdsworld/
➤ Twitter: @anerdsworld | https://twitter.com/anerdsworld
MY WEBSITE! ↓
➤ A Nerd’s World | https://anerdsworld.com
MY ONE-ON-ONE MENTORSHIP! ↓
➤ Clarity | http://www.clarity.fm/anerdsworld