SEO for Therapists Step 6: How to Build Local SEO in 2020
Sign up for TherapyNotes and get two months FREE:
Their Telehealth platform is out of Beta mode and is currently free for all users!
FREE Guide: Start a Private Practice in Counseling:
Finally! It’s the last piece of the puzzle to have a full-on, complete SEO strategy: Local SEO. Here are the tips we cover in this video, including relevant links:
1. Get local backlinks
Watch my SEO for therapists video all about backlinks:
Tips for getting local backlinks:
-Local therapist directories
-Local sites who also serve your ideal clients
-Contribute to local news outlets
-Guest blog for local sites
-Leverage existing networks
-Audit your competitors. Learn how to do that here:
(enter a competitor’s website instead of your own)
-Check out Best of the Web (local):
-University backlinks. Learn how here:
-BONUS if these backlinks are willing to list your name, address, and phone number.
2. Include your name, address, and phone number in the footer of your website.
3. Include your targeted city in the header, meta description, and all on-page optimization tools we already learned about in this video:
4. Create a Google My Business Account. Learn how here:
5. Add a map of your office location to your contact page
6. Claim your social media profiles
-Include your name, address, and phone number in the bio
7. Use local language in your website content whenever relevant
This video is geared for therapists of all kinds, including psychologists, MFTs, LPCCs, social workers, and others in the clinical counseling field.
Welcome to Private Practice Skills! I’m Dr. Marie Fang, psychologist in private practice. I post videos offering tools I learned the hard way about starting and growing private practice so that you don’t have to.
Music From Epidemic Sound:
This video is not intended as professional or legal advice. Be sure to seek the services of a professional if you are in need of them.